Life Sciences Proteomics Services
Proteomics services from SGS – gain effective gene expression at the protein level with proteomic analysis.
Proteomics is the investigation of gene expression at the protein level. Gene expression and hence cellular protein content can vary both quantitatively and qualitatively according to treatment regimes and/or stress conditions. We offer you effective proteomic analysis to investigate gene expression at the protein level.
Why choose proteomics analysis from SGS?
Our proteomics services help you to:
- Identify proteins and protein modifications such as phosphorylations, mutations or glycosylation
- Detect low levels of a peptide present in a mixture
- Conduct impurity profile analysis for recombinant proteins, detecting the presence of minor levels of impurity proteins such as host cell proteins
- Meet International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH) Q6B requirements for characterization and confirmation of biopharmaceuticals for new marketing applications
Trusted proteomics analysis from a leading provider
As the world-leading provider of proteomics services, we provide you with the experience, technical and regulatory expertise, and unique global network you need.
Our proteomics service strategy includes the following:
- Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) to separate and visualize protein content
- Reverse-Phase Liquid Chromatography (RP-HPLC) to separate and visualize protein content
- Electrospray Ionization with Tandem Mass Spectrometry (ES-MS/MS) to sequence peptides produced from the digestion of proteins
- Nano Liquid Chromatography with Tandem Mass Spectrometry Detection (LC-MS/MS) to sequence peptides produced from the digestion of proteins
- Protein sequence database interrogation to identify proteins in the sample
Our service strategy also has other applications. For example, ES-MS/MS sequencing and database interrogation can detect low levels of a peptide present in a mixture. As a result, the technique can be used as part of an impurity profile analysis for recombinant proteins, detecting the presence of minor levels of impurity proteins, such as host cell proteins.
To find out more about our proteomics services, contact us today.