Weld and Welder Certification
Ensure weld process quality with certification services from a Notified Body (accredited by RENAR).
Poor quality welding, as well as incorrect and/or inappropriate welding procedures, can weaken a weld significantly, leading to early failure, delays and increased costs. Weld and welder certification services from SGS enable you to ensure integrity and the appropriate qualification for welders.
As an inspection Notified Body in Romania (NB 2726), we can provide a range of welding certification services per the requirements of European Directive 2014/68/EU (commonly known as PED):
- Certification of pressure equipment
- Approval of permanent joining procedures
- Approval of permanent joining personnel
Why choose weld and welder certification services from SGS?
We operate as a Notified Body, accredited by RENAR – Romania’s Accreditation Body – in accordance with:
- SR EN ISO/CEI 17024 – to conduct conformity evaluation tasks as required by European Directive 2014/68/EU for the approval of welding personnel who perform permanent joints on category II, III and IV pressure equipment in accordance with the EN ISO 9606 series, EN ISO 14732 and EN ISO 13585
- SR EN ISO/CEI 17065 – to perform conformity evaluation tasks as required by European Directive 2014/68/EU for several types of conformity procedure, and also for approval of permanent joining procedures used for pressure equipment of categories II, III and IV
To find out more about our weld and welder certification services contact us today.